- 13 25 23
- Email: email@example.com
- Specimen Receipt, Biosecurity Sciences Laboratory, Health and Food Science Precinct, 39 Kessels Road, Coopers Plains, Brisbane QLD 4108
The Biosecurity Sciences Laboratory’s activities include, but are not limited to:
- identifying and investigating new and emerging animal diseases across Queensland
- monitoring and diagnosing diseases
- in Queensland’s livestock industries (e.g. Hendra virus, bovine infertility)
- of aquatic animals farmed in the tropics and subtropics (e.g. barramundi, prawns, oysters, crabs, scallops)
- of wildlife in cases of mass mortality, unusual mortality or suspicion of a potential public health problem.
- screening for mad cow disease
- testing cattle ticks for resistance to chemicals used for control
- maintaining a database of plants toxic to animals.
Emergency Animal Disease Hotline 1800 675 888