Marine Stranding training night (Mid Nth Coast Branch NSW)
There will be a series of presentations which can become part of the accreditation process for vets interested in assisting at future events (or come along regardless to see what might be involved!)
- Common presentations and diagnoses of marine animals ashore Dr David Blyde ( 1 hour)
- Biological specimens that will assist in the diagnosis of marine animals ashore Dr Duan March (0.5 hour)
- Techniques for humanely euthanising marine animals Dr Duan March (0.75 hour)
- Necropsy technique and samples to collect from necropsies to assist in the diagnosis of marine mammals ashore Dr David Blyde (0.75 hour)
Guest speakers for the night:
- Dr David Blyde (Seaworld, Gold Coast)
- Dr Duan March (Dolphin Marine Conservation Park Coffs Harbour)
Light refreshments will be served at the commencement of the session with FREE registration to the first 20 vets who log in. All vets especially those new to the district and any recent graduates are welcome
Friday 15 February 2019 – 6.30pm
Dolphin Marine Conservation Park, 65 Orlando St Coffs Harbour NSW (near the jetty, 4 doors past Kookaburra Vets).
Register here: http://www.eiseverywhere.com/ncmarine
Note for interested vets who are not able to make this event, this seminar will be repeated in Port Macquarie Wednesday 13th February and in Ballina (date TBC in Feb).
Please let me know if you would like to receive another registration link.
Mobile: 0488 671 122