Make the most of in-house clinical pathology and achieve accurate, rapid diagnoses.
Do you want to maximise the benefits of your bench-top analyser and in-house pathology? Achieve rapid, cost-effective diagnoses with increased confidence? Ensure that your bench-top analyser is providing accurate information?
This course will expand and refine your diagnostic skills across a range of modalities including biochemistry, haematology, acid-base balance, endocrinology, blood smear evaluation and cytology. You will be guided through a range of practical techniques that will grow your confidence and ensure you are getting the best out of your in-house machines, as well as from external pathology services.
- Sandra Forsyth
CPD points: 270
The aim of this distance education program is to provide an overview of clinical pathology and assist you in developing and refining your approach to disease diagnosis, while extending the range of tests you can perform and interpret in-house.
On successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- Develop and refine your interpretation of biochemical data, electrolyte abnormalities and acid-base parameters;
- Refine your technique in making and evaluating blood smears;
- Confidently interpret haematological data and identify and describe abnormalities in erythrocyte and leucocyte morphology;
- Undertake appropriate quality assurance for your in-house laboratory;
- Confidently undertake and interpret tests specific to haemostasis, lipids and proteins;
- Refine your ability to assess and interpret data from tests specific to renal, hepatic and exocrine pancreatic function;
- Develop and refine your skills in best-practice collection and handling of cytological samples and in the interpretation of aspirates;
- Confidently interpret the results from endocrine testing;
- Get the best results from external pathology services;
Distance Education – Delivered Online
Saturday 1 February – Wednesday 30 September 2020
2-Day Workshop: Dates TBC