Beef Production Medicine Distance Education
Add-value to your services by using evidence-based approaches to cattle medicine and production problems that increase your client’s bottom line.
By appreciating the implications of individual animal diagnoses for herd health, critically evaluating disease management practices and assessing the financial effects of disease management recommendations, you can improve your client’s bottom line.
Develop a systematic, evidence-based approach to dyspnoea, ill-thrift, reduced weaning rates, gait abnormalities and sudden death and use epidemiological and financial analytical tools to evaluate the efficacy and cost-effectiveness of control measures. You’ll become indispensable to your clients.
- Paul Cusack
CPD Points: 309
On completion of this course, participants will:
- Be able to describe the principles of herd health to colleagues and clients
- Develop the skills to work-up common primary presenting complaints in individual animals and herds
- Be able to use epidemiological tools to assess the impact of disease, as well as interventional and management strategies, on herd heath
- Develop your ability to evaluate the cost-effectiveness of preventative and control measures
- Develop an evidence-based approach to disease management practices
- Understand the pace of change in beef cattle medicine and know where to source the latest information and protocols
Monday 1 February – Tuesday 30 November 2021
Super Early Bird
June 30, 2020
October 31, 2020