Backyard Chickens TimeOnline
This course introduces backyard poultry to the clinician to allow comprehensive and effective workup and care for these patients.
Keeping a few chickens in the backyard has enjoyed a resurgence in popularity over the last decade, with the backyard chicken becoming one of the most common birds presenting for veterinary care.
This course aims to give you more confidence in approaching your backyard poultry cases by firstly providing an introduction to pet chicken medicine and then discussing common infectious and non-infectious diseases, anaesthesia and surgery.
Veterinary nurses with a special interest in the topic are welcome to enrol in this course. Please be aware that the course is designed for qualified veterinarians and you should consider this in light of your knowledge and experience before you register.
CPD points: 10
- Bob Doneley
By successfully completing this course, you will:
- Be able to apply the principles of SOAP to a pet chicken
- Understand the use (& restrictions) of common medications
- Understand common diseases of backyard poultry
- Understand how avian anatomy and physiology affects the use of anaesthesia in chickens
- Be familiar with common surgical problems in chickens
TimeOnline – Delivered Online
Tuesday 14 April – Monday 11 May 2020