Massey University’s Master of Veterinary Medicine (MVM) Avian medicine course aims to develop your interest and knowledge of the medicine and surgery of birds, both wild and captive.
- Brett Gartrell
Please note: Courses are revised following each offering. Details of content and assessment are subject to change between offerings.
On this course you’ll learn:
- To confidently and competently undertake avian clinical examination, radiography and anaesthesia
- Choose tests, collect diagnostic samples, and perform necropsies for any clinical presentation in bird medicine
- To identify common avian diseases and apply problem solving strategies to prioritise conditions in individual or flocks of birds
- About the choices for diagnostic, therapeutic and management procedures, including referral if indicated
- To administer treatments and perform common surgical procedures.
How the course works.
This course is taught via distance learning (you may know it as continuing education, distance education or continuing professional development) by a recognised international expert in his field.
Online Course: Starts February 2020 to November 2020